2019 Speaker Series
The Parent Enrichment Series offers presenters and discussion topics to provide parents with resources, contacts, and insights into life with gifted children.
January 5, 2019 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Coffee and Parent Orientation
- Welcome to Winter Term Orientation & Group Discussion including website tour, spirit wear, and volunteer opportunities. Come to explore opportunities to put your special talents to use for The Super Saturday Program!
January 12, 2019 – 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Suzanne James (Executive Functioning)
- We are honored to have Dr. Suzanne James return to speak with the parents of The Super Saturday Program. Her unique insights have helped many of our parents. Dr. James is a Licensed Psychologist providing clinical services in the Greater Cincinnati area. She received her Masters of Education in Counseling Psychology in 2000 from the University of Louisville and Doctorate in Psychology from Spalding University in 2004. She is a member of the American Psychological Association, the Kentucky Psychological Association, and the Ohio Psychological Association and is licensed to practice in Ohio and Kentucky. She continues to train and research new ways to help her clients to reach their potential. Her primary clinical interests include understanding the unique potential in gifted and twice exceptional children and adults, individuals with Asperger’s Disorder, Nonverbal Learning Disorder, and other learning disorders, individuals with Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, and individuals with depression and anxiety.
January 19, 2019 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Amy Darpel from Covington Latin School
January 26, 2019 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Stephanie and Grant Bruner from Mensa
- Stephanie and Grant Bruner from Cincinnati Mensa will be joining us in the parent room to share information on what the Cincinnati Mensa program has to offer your gifted students and how to take part in the program.
February 2, 2019 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
February 9, 2019 – 9:45-11:15 a.m. & 12:45-2:15 p.m.
- Summer Camps, Book Swap & End of Term Presentations in classes
- Learn about summer camp opportunities. Clear your shelves of outgrown books (children’s, teen, adult fiction and non-fiction, parenting resource books, puzzles too!) and bring them to the Parent Room. Drop off your old books and find some books to keep you busy through the winter. Any unclaimed books are donated. Come for coffee, join the swap and still have time to enjoy your student’s end of the session presentation.